Let's get your organization ready to receive donations!
Stripe Connect is a separate card processing system and holding account that allows us to receive payment for your travel package sales and then transfer the donation portion to your account without Causes Matter ever needing to access or know your financial information. Using a holding account and the Stripe Connect system to send your funds is an important part of our policy to protect you and your donors private information.
You must have finished setting up your Stripe Connect account to receive your donated funds. Any donations received before you complete the setup will be held until you are ready to receive funds (holding of donation funds will not affect your donors travel packages - they can still redeem and book travel regardless).
You will need to have the following information to complete your Stripe Connect setup (Causes Matter will not have access to any information you enter with Stripe):
Contact information entered with Stripe will not be visible to donors and is separate from your Causes Matter registration. We recommend entering the contact information for whoever is your organizations primary point-of-contact or financial representative.
- Organization Business Address
- Business Phone
- Type of Business (Select Non-Profit Organization)
- Employer Identification Number (IRS Tax ID)
- Business Website
- Business Description (select Charities or social service organizations)
- Describe what you sell, whom you sell to, and when you charge your customers. (for the description you can enter "Creating account to receive donations."
From the Stripe form: Your Stripe account needs to be activated by someone with significant management responsibility or control over your company. If that’s not you, please ask an authorized executive, senior manager, or business owner from your company to complete this form.
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Do you own 25% or more of the business? (select no)
- Do you have significant responsibility for managing the company? For example, are you a CEO, CFO, COO or similar?
- Phone number (where the person filling out the form can be reached)
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of Social Security number (your personal number, not the organizations Tax ID)
- Home Address
- Credit Card statement details (enter your organizations name)
- Support Phone Number (can be your organizations main line - this number isn't presented to donors)
This is the bank account where your funds will be deposited. By default, Stripe automatically deposits any funds in your account into your bank account every 3 business days.
- Routing Number
- Account Number
If you're not familiar with using an authenticator app on your phone, we recommend using "Get text message" as your extra layer of account security.
- Email Address
One you've completed the form, click the "Authorize access to this account" button at the bottom. This will create your Stripe Connect account and allow Causes Matter to transfer funds to your account. We do not have access to your account or financial institution information, but we will be able to see your account balance and any transfers to and from your Stripe account. If you need assistance after your Stripe account is setup we can try to help you with general questions, but anything regarding your organizations financial details will need to be directed to Stripe. Click Here for Stripe Support Page.